Time to plant seeds for Florida's future
• Visit the Florida Wildflower Foundation YouTube channel to watch a two-part video on Florida's wildflowers and establishing a small garden from seed.
• Learn which wildflowers are right for your location and soil and about the many benefits of growing Florida native wildflowers.
• Download a step-by-step handout on the process of preparing a bed and planting your seeds.
• Purchase native ecotype seeds (right) through the Florida Wildflower Foundation web store or our partners at the Florida Wildflowers Growers Cooperative. If you're in Central Florida, come see us on Saturday at Backyard Biodiversity Day at Winter Park's Mead Botanical Garden - we'll have a variety of seed packets for sale there.
• Once your garden is established, apply for recognition through the Wildflowers, Naturally! program.
Remember, you can beautify your corner of the world with native wildflowers while making a difference to Florida's natural future!